Johnny Dantonio (’07) wrote the heartwarming and award winning Budweiser Super Bowl ad “Puppy Love.” Dantonio majored in English at UT with a concentration in creative writing is now creative director at Anomaly in New York.
- Armed Forces Memorial to Honor Fallen Students, Faculty and StaffUT announces an effort to establish an Armed Forces Memorial on campus. The post Armed Forces Memorial to Honor Fallen Students, Faculty and Staff appeared first on News.
- The Conversation: When and How Was Walking Invented?Professor of anthropology, Jan Simek, explains the history of walking and the first instance of when it was recorded The post The Conversation: When and How Was Walking Invented? appeared first on News.
- The Conversation: How Crosses and Mementos Help Marines Remember Fallen ComradesCultural geographers focus their research on commemorative places in the military and study how active-duty Marines and veterans interact with them. The post The Conversation: How Crosses and Mementos Help Marines Remember Fallen Comrades appeared first on News.
- Three Faculty Members Awarded Fulbrights for 2021–22Faculty across three colleges are Fulbright Scholars for the 2021–22 academic year. The post Three Faculty Members Awarded Fulbrights for 2021–22 appeared first on News.
- Van Jones to Deliver Mossman LectureVan Jones, CNN host, political commentator, Emmy Award-winning producer, and best-selling author, will deliver the seventh annual Mossman Distinguished Lecture at 7 p.m. October 26. The post Van Jones to Deliver Mossman Lecture appeared first on News.
- Awkward Politics: Technologies of Popfeminist Activism
- Afro-Atlantic Flight: Speculative Returns and the Black Fantastic
- Racing Against Racism
- Poseidon’s Curse: British Naval Impressment and Atlantic Origins of the American Revolution
- Regeneration through Empire: French Pronatalists and Colonial Settlement in the Third Republic