Read about the upcoming Debate Team Clinic and Reunion, a gift to the Language Resource Center, inaugural awards for alumni and philanthropists, and our new development director.
- The Conversation: Why the Southern US is Prone to December TornadoesTornadoes in December aren’t unusual in the Gulf Coast and lower Mississippi Valley states, but the December 10-11 outbreak was extreme and far-reaching. The post The Conversation: Why the Southern US is Prone to December Tornadoes appeared first on News.
- Inky Johnson to Address Fall GraduatesUT’s fall undergraduate commencement and graduate hooding ceremonies will be held December 9 and 10 at Thompson-Boling Arena. The post Inky Johnson to Address Fall Graduates appeared first on News.
- Armed Forces Memorial to Honor Fallen Students, Faculty and StaffUT announces an effort to establish an Armed Forces Memorial on campus. The post Armed Forces Memorial to Honor Fallen Students, Faculty and Staff appeared first on News.
- The Conversation: When and How Was Walking Invented?Professor of anthropology, Jan Simek, explains the history of walking and the first instance of when it was recorded The post The Conversation: When and How Was Walking Invented? appeared first on News.
- The Conversation: How Crosses and Mementos Help Marines Remember Fallen ComradesCultural geographers focus their research on commemorative places in the military and study how active-duty Marines and veterans interact with them. The post The Conversation: How Crosses and Mementos Help Marines Remember Fallen Comrades appeared first on News.
- Awkward Politics: Technologies of Popfeminist Activism
- Afro-Atlantic Flight: Speculative Returns and the Black Fantastic
- Racing Against Racism
- Poseidon’s Curse: British Naval Impressment and Atlantic Origins of the American Revolution
- Regeneration through Empire: French Pronatalists and Colonial Settlement in the Third Republic