The college has just released a report highlighting progress on our five-year plan to help UT reach the Top 25. Read about our impressive students, faculty, alumni, staff, and donors, and then let us know how we’re doing.
- History Staff Members Attend Gold Star Families Reception at White HouseTwo staff members in the Department of History, both of whom lost their military sons in Iraq, were among the Gold Star families invited to the White House.
- Student to Study in Northern Ireland as Part of Fulbright Summer InstituteNatalie Campbell, a rising junior majoring in disability studies through the College Scholars program, has been invited to participate in the Fulbright UK Summer Institute.
- Students Will Study in Brazil, Tanzania, Jordan on Prestigious Boren AwardsFour UT students have received prestigious Boren Scholarship and Fellowship awards that will allow them to pursue intensive language study, internships, and research abroad and domestically over the next year.
- Students Off to Russia, South Korea, Morocco on Critical Language ScholarshipsThree students have been awarded scholarships to travel abroad to study languages that are imperative to the United States’ future security and stability. This year’s Critical Language Scholarship recipients will study Russian, Korean, and Arabic.
- UT Professors Honored for AchievementsThree UT professors were honored Friday when state Representative Eddie Smith presented each of them with a resolution commending them for recent achievements.
- Awkward Politics: Technologies of Popfeminist Activism
- Afro-Atlantic Flight: Speculative Returns and the Black Fantastic
- Racing Against Racism
- Poseidon’s Curse: British Naval Impressment and Atlantic Origins of the American Revolution
- Regeneration through Empire: French Pronatalists and Colonial Settlement in the Third Republic